We know you’ll find a lot of choices while looking for a company to design your website. And while many of these companies promote themselves as “the leader in their industry”, they really should be saying: “we’re a mediocre web design firm who will probably do an ok job getting you on the net.”
While there are definitely a few talented designers out there who can probably give you a pretty site, as the old saying goes: looks aren’t everything.
If someone can’t even find your site, then it really doesn’t matter how great it looks. When you’re looking for a company, keep these few tips in mind:
1. Find someone who will talk to you in language you understand. It’s your money, you should know what you’re purchasing.
2. Ask them if they provide the fundamental set up for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) when constructing your site.
3. Make sure they ask you the right questions: Who is your target market? What key actions would alert you that a person was ready to purchase your product or service? (IE: a broad search for window tint vs. a search for window tint that names a specific brand and also provides mobile installation in a specific zip code)
4. How long will it take get your site online? 10 days, 20 days, 50 days? (No, I’m not kidding)
5. Will they give you basic training on how to modify the back end?
6. Who owns your url?
7. Who is hosting the site? If they host it, do they monitor the site for performance and provide backups? And if so, do they charge extra for that?
These tips may not be everything you need to know… but they’re a good start to making an informed decision.
TagLine Media Group is a full service marketing and adverting agency in Tucson, Arizona.
Check out our website designs and give us a call today: (520) 207-8910.