How do you get people through the door of your business? How do you keep existing customers loyal and ensure new customers can find you in the first place? Advertising and marketing are crucial for businesses of all sizes, but without a comprehensive plan, your efforts will be a roll of the dice instead of a roadmap to growth. A full campaign involves many moving parts, but when they work in conjunction, the rewards you reap will be clear. Comprehensive marketing and advertising strategies aren’t out of reach, even for small businesses. The key is tailoring your messaging to your market and working with a partner that understands your goals and your budget.
How are marketing and advertising different?
A common misconception many smaller businesses have is thinking that by advertising their business, they are already marketing. In reality, they are—but advertising is just one facet of a marketing campaign. Advertising is usually associated with campaign-specific marketing information designed to get customers to make a purchase. Advertising may:
- Tell customers about a product or service. This kind of advertising lets customers know about something that you offer, which may spark their interest in buying it or investigating it further.
- Tell customers why your brand is the best choice for a product or service. This kind of advertising reaches customers who know they want a product or service and convinces them that your business is the one they should choose.
- Tell customers how or when to purchase the product or service. In this form, advertising gives customers a reason to act now rather than later. For example, you may advertise a limited-time promotional price that encourages customers to make a purchase right away.
Marketing is broader than advertising. It can include many different components to reach your customers on multiple platforms. Although marketing efforts can be product- or service-specific, your comprehensive marketing campaign should increase awareness of your business as a whole, making your brand more recognizable and encouraging customer loyalty.
What strategies are included in marketing plans?
Marketing strategies vary widely from industry to industry and from company to company. Selecting the right marketing efforts for your brand will depend on many factors, from your budget to your customer base. Some of the most effective marketing efforts include:
- Social Media. Having a social media presence is an inexpensive yet effective way to increase brand recognition and build an identity that resonates with your customers. Your business can use social media to interact with consumers and run advertising campaigns.
- Email marketing. Email marketing puts your message right into your customers’ inboxes. Through targeted emails, you can increase sales and boost brand loyalty.
- SEO and SEM. SEO stands for search engine optimization, while SEM stands for search engine marketing. Both of these marketing efforts will help to ensure that your website is seen by people searching for the products or services you offer.
- Marketing collateral. Physical marketing collateral, such as business cards and posters, have a real-world impact on potential customers. Ensuring your company has both an online and an offline presence can make your brand look more legitimate and professional to consumers.
- TV and radio ads. Television and radio have enormous reaches and offer the ability to target specific demographics effectively. This kind of advertising can help you stand out from your competitors.
- Website design. Your website is a critical part of your business and essential to your marketing success. A site that is informative, easy to navigate, and designed to showcase your brand will encourage conversions and help your customers connect with you.
- Online reputation management. Negative information about your company posted on review sites and social media can squash your efforts to build your brand. Staying on top of your reputation online will help you fend off unfair reviews and misinformation.
How can Tagline help with marketing strategies?
Tagline Media Group is a one-stop shop for all of your business’ advertising and marketing needs. We offer design services to help you create everything from a website to a logo and marketing collateral. Our directors and editors can help you produce affordable radio and television ads at our in-house studio. We know the online space and can manage SEO, SEM, online reputation, and email marketing campaigns. We don’t work with a formula or rulebook—we build customized marketing plans to fit each business’ goals and budget. A cohesive strategy to grow your brand starts with the expert team at Tagline.